12826847

In-laws needed a bungalow reasons but had not

Customer Question

in-laws needed a bungalow for disability reasons but had not sold their house, so I have bought a bungalow (£160k) in my name for them to live in free and buy me out when they eventually sell. But it cost lots more than their terraced house (£100K or less) will realise. So I am now expecting it to end up part owned by them and part myself. For family reasons I did not want to gift it to them. I understand I will still pay CGT eventually. Do I need any legal document such as a tenancy agreement or a licence? Any other legal requirements/implications I should be aware of? thank you

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Just to be sure that I understand.
They will buy a share of the property - they will remain living there and you will agree the relevant percentages - is that correct?