UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I am a British citizen living in the UK and about to apply

Customer Question

I am a British citizen living in the UK and about to apply for my wife and my 3 children under the age of 10 to join me permanently in the UK. They are all holding Yemeni passports. And I trust that I meet all financial and other requirements to sponsor them.
Questions:
1- I undertsand that I have to pay healthcare surcharge for my wife. But do I need to pay a healthcare surcharge for my children when I am a British citizen?
2- I have divorced my wife then got our marriage reinstated last year. do i need to present my initial marriage certificate + divorce + marriage reinstatement document? or just divorce + marriage reinstatement document? baring in mind that all documents where issue in Yemen from courts of sharia law.
K
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
To answer your questions
1) your children will also need to pay the immigration health surcharge unless you are able to register them as British Citizens or unless they are already British Citizens e.g. If you were born in the UK or nAturalised in the UK, your children would be British Citizens by descent if born outside the UK
2) you should submit the original marriage certificate as well as divorce and reinstatement document explaining that the marriAge reinstatement means that your marriage is valid under Yemeni law as if the divorce never took place.
All the best