75100385

My husband signed an on line sole agency agreement with an

My husband signed an on line sole agency agreement with an estate agent. We want to purchase a new house and they want to use what is called a smooth move which means using multi agents. The original agreement with the estate agent was signed on line and cancelled on the 14th day of the cooling off period. The estate agent said that we cannot cancel as the agreement was signed on line and not in front of his staff - and that if we continue with a multi agency we will have to pay his fees even if he does not sell the house. Is this correct?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Did they start work before the 14 days please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Alex Do you mean did they start work before the 14 day period started? The agreement was signed and they then started to market the property. I have paid £38 is that for one answer from you or are there more charges?

£38 is for one question.
On what basis if you cancel within 14 days as is your right, are they saying you are liable?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The estate agent says "the agreement you have signed cannot be cancelled inline with the distance selling regulations as it was not signed in the presence of one of our staff and therefore stands as a valid legal Agreement between ourselves".

We have followed all of the instructions in the Sole Agent Agreement related to canceling the Agreement within the 14 days... the Agent is I feeling using bulling tactics to scare my wife and I into not cancelling the Agreement, this is very stress full and could lead to us not being able to buy the property we have paid a deposit on.

Thanks. They are wrong. The Regulations apply regardless. You are entitled to 14 days cooling off period. They can't get around it.
They can try and sue you for the loss but they will fail. Don't let them bully you.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?
If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.