12826847

Please can you help me. I'm to be summoned to court for

Customer Question

Hello,please can you help me. I'm to be summoned to court for using my car on the road whilst it was SORNed.I did this to prevent a further vandal attack whilst it was in secure storage two miles home .but I am technically guilty of the offence.I'm 51,never been in trouble with the law before and am extemely worried now about the possible outcome.please help
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Jo.My name is***** checked up in various places online and seemingly there could be up to 5000 pound fine and prison too.As a citizen of previous good character how worried should I be?The vandal attacks on private land where two of my cars were SORN happened on a thursday.i drove the car to be mot tested on the saturday as i was considering bringing it back on the road .drove it home (fear of another attack in storage.)it had a flat tyre when i got home and I couldn't get it on the drive and it was clamped by a random search seemingly whilst I was sourcing a replacement tyre.

Ok.
So what is your questions about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do i need legal representation in court.do i just plead guilty.what chance is there of me receiving a prison sentence.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do i need legal representation,should i just plead guilty,what chance is there of me being sent to prison.

OK.
Is money an issue for you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes.

Representation is a good idea on the whole but it will rack up the cost.
Having a vehicle in these circumstances carries a fine only and generally it is a paper exercise so it would be cheaper not to secure representation overall.
It will not change the outcome very much.
Is there anything else you wanted to know ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you.I may have more to ask later.Paul.

No problem and all the best.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/