75100385

Back in September 2013 we bought into a fractional ownership,

Back in September 2013 we bought into a fractional ownership, we paid £1000 on a credit card and the rest with a bankers draft. The company have now gone into liquidation with no asset so we tried to claim off the card company. They say that the £1000 has been processed by a different retailer, we didn't know the firm had used another retailer and we feel the transaction was fraudulent.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes we are willing to wait and see if you can give us a satisfactory answer.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Have you contacted the credit card company? If so, what did they say?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes we have contacted the credit card company. If you look above at my question I think you will find what you are looking for. Sorry I didn't get back to you straight away but we have been away since Friday & we had no internet.
Regards ***** *****
Yes did they credit back the £1000?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No they didn't
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you think we have a case?
I think you do
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience