LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

Some one hit my car with is car and ran away and i am looking

Customer Question

some one hit my car with is car and ran away and i am looking for how to find the registered owner of the car how do i get this information to help my trouble
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
THIS IS THE CAR REGISTERATION NUMBER :
96D62792 I AM LOOKING FOR THE NAME OF THE REGISTERED OWNER AND THE ADDRESS BECAUSE THIS CAR DID A HIT AND RUN ON MY CAR AND THE POLICE AND MOTOR TAX ARE REFUSING TO HELP ME WITH THE OWNER DETAILS
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you.
That looks like a diplomatic plate. The D is fro diplomat. I can't find a country code 96 as they start at 100. Code 916 is for NATo>
The reality is that identifying the driver will be v difficult, if it is a diplomatic plate you will get nothing from them even if you are able to ID the driver.
If the cost of repair is high you should contact your insurers. If not, and to protect your no claims bonus, you may just have to fund the repairs yourself.
I hope this answers your question. If not, then please ask follow up questions.