12826847

My son is the leaseholder of a flat. His flat has suffered

Customer Question

My son is the leaseholder of a flat. His flat has suffered considerable water damage from the flat above. The management company told him he would have to deal with the insurers direct. The insurers have told my son he must pay two excess sums of £500 totalling £1000 as the leaks occurred 4 days apart. neither my sons lease, nor the insurance certificate given to him by Zurich mention payment of any excess. The leaseholder association adviser said it was most unusual for a management company not to handle problems such as this and that normally the service charge is altered to redistribute the excess of any insurance claim among all the leaseholders under the benefit and burden provision. Please can you advise my what my son should do? At present he is arranging with the insurance company to have the damage repaired but it seems very unfair that he has to pay all the excess himself and for it to be charged twice
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for letting me know. If I cancel my question can I have my money refunded please?

Yes, we refund on request - please confirm and I will process it for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you- I would like you to refund my money. I understand that the question is complicated- I just hoped that you would be able to find out the information that I am still struggling to find.

Regards,

Avril XXXXXXXX