12826847

My brother wants to buy my house but in order to move

Customer Question

My brother wants to buy my house but in order for me to move and access the best mortgage I would like to clear my existing debt to improve my credit rating. He has offered to pay me 30k in advance to allow me to clear all my existing debt and access the best mortgage deal byut I am not sure if this is possible.
I have 75k equity in my house (aprox 30%) and would use 30k of that equity to clear my debt should I sell the house conventionally, he has a cash sum for a deposit of around 35k. I am worried this would give him an issue in securing a mortgage due to the added complexity.
How much is the house worth?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

250k

Can he raise a £220,000 mortgage?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes he has an agreement in principle
Does your brother wish to move in immediately or could you remain in the property for a while?