UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Good afternoon, My girlfriend is Brazilian, how could I get

Good afternoon, My girlfriend is Brazilian, how could I get her to live in the Uk with me, The 2 year rule, ie living together, could she live with me in the Uk for 3 months at a time and the other 3 months in a rented apartment in France, I would stay there from Thursday and return to the Uk Monday morning, would that be enough to say we are living together?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Good morning Nicola,

I am more than happy to wait,

Kind regards,

Steve.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Nicola

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
No, I am afraid living in different countries does not show that you will be living together.
You may marry her if you wish to do so in which case you would be able to sponsor her for a spouse visa provided you meet the minimum income requirements and have suitable accommodation.
May I help further?
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience: English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Good afternoon,

Married was not a thing that we would want to do just yet. How can the two year rule of living together be solved then, when she can only get a 6 month visa for the Uk ?

Kind regards,

Steve.

You may live together in Brazil or another country where you both can get residency e.g. Another EU country.
All the best
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

UK SOLICITOR JA

Good morning,

So if we lived in the Uk for 3 months, then I rented an apartment for 3 months in France, then back to the Uk, carried on doing that for 2 years, would that be classed as living together for 2 years, I could only spend from Thursday to Monday in France due to work, but that is 4 nights a week.

After 2 years what would happen, as marriage is something we both don't want to rush into,

Kind regards,

Steve.