12826847

I work agency who provide shared accommodation. I share

Customer Question

I work for an agency who provide shared accommodation. I share with 3 other people. There is one functional shower and one toilet, is this legal?
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. How long have you worked for the employer and is it a requirement of the job that you live in this accommodation?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i have worked for the agency from sept 2014. it is not a requirement to live in this accommodation but the rent in cambridge is too expensive.

i moved into this house on 12 july. the previous accommodation was nice. shared with one person and we had out own bathroom. the agency said i had to move as the landlord had requested the property back.

Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Does the employer pay for the accommodation or is money docked from your wages to cover it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

they deduct 68 pounds a week.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

they deduct 68 pounds a week.

Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry for the delay I was called away on an emergency. Would you still like help with this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes please

Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Ok can you tell me if you have raised this with your employer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes. They said rent is not negotiable

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i am not okay waiting for an answer and as my question was not answered i hope that you have not charged me.