12826847

I basically want to know where I stand in terms of having a

Customer Question

I want to know where I stand in terms of having a right to remain in the property that me, my boyfriend and our kids live in. The home is not under my name.  It is only under his.  He recently threw me out, but now let me back in.  I want to understand what my rights are as I have invested a great deal of money into the home, and managed it while he has been away for a long duration of time.

Do I have rights even though we are not married?  

Do I have any rights to the property ie if he decides to sell can I exercise any right to stop the sale going ahead? I really want to know where I stand. Also will it matter that I do own another property that is being rented - although it's far too small for my family and was always Intended for this to be the family home ?

If I don't have any legal rights because we are not married - do I have a constructive trust in the property due to all the work my dad did on the basis that me and the children would be here and also the fact I have project managed everything for the past two years since we had it as my boyfriend has worked abroad throughout the whole duration x I have proof that this was always intended to be the family home hence my reasons for leaving my other property that we also lived in for 5 years Does the case : Rowe v prance set a precedence for non married couples

How old are the children, how much is the property worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What financial contribution do you make to the property?