75100385

We installed a satellite dish on our previous flat. We receieved

We installed a satellite dish on our previous flat. We receieved permission from the landlord before installing both verbally and written, and made sure the permission was clear about were it could installed - we receieved written permission to install it on the front of the flat (where it was installed) the communal roof, or on another flat in the builiding - if that was the only way a signal could be obtained. As we were asking for permission to install it on other flats in the building and on the shared roof we asked to landlord to speak to the other homeowners in the buidling. In his written consent he said consent had been obtained from the other homeonwers/landlords.
we have now moved out and the landlord is insisting we remove the dish and if we do not he will send us the bill for removal. He is claiming that one of the other homeonwers only gave permission for the dish to be installed for the duration of our tenancy. This was not communicated to us either in writing or verbally (I have copied our communications with written permissions below) In our tenancy agreement it states we need written consent to install a dish - but nothing regarding removal. Can he insist we pay for the removal/remove the dish?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
No. You have clear written permission which was not conditional upon anything therefore the landlord can't make you take it down.
Therefore based on this permission the landlord can not do anything,
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please ?

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.