How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Can revenue canada put a lien on my uk property now that i

Resolved Question:

can revenue canada put a lien on my uk property now that i am living permanently in the uk and a uk citizen
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
If they got a court judgment in Canada, they could apply to enforce it in the UK. You would be notified of that and in theory they could apply for a charge on your house.
But they would need a Canadian judgment, UK court approval and to know where you live in the UK.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How difficult would it be for them to convince a uk court to agree to this ?

Will i be notified in time to hire a lawyer to act on my behalf ?

they do know my address as I have willingly given it to them.

I am currently appealing the assessment

Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
The proceedings can be complex and time consuming. Yes you would be given a chance to defend it in the UK, but don't need to do that yet.
Does that help?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes it does ,thank you

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.


Related Law Questions