12826847

I had repairs to my divers side window on my renault clio carried

I had repairs to my divers side window on my renault clio carried oout by Renault on 22/06/14. I had to return to the garage in January 2015 with the same fault. The fault was supposed rectified at no costs as a good will gesture.
The fault has now reoccurred but I have been told that they have no record of me revisiting with the fault this Januray and that the original repairs are outside of the 12 months gurantee. They have however agreed to pay 75% of the costs of a bill which could be £290 or £700 depending on the actual fault.
Can I request full costs to be paid by them
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Realistically there is a time limit upon these things. Twelve months is entirely random which will not be upheld by the court. The Court would consider whether or not the length of time is reasonable. That would depend on the nature of the fault and how much you paid for repair. In fairness, we would all expect to resolve a fault but not forever and a day.
You can always complain about this to Renault and quite often that is very successful. They must accept there is some fault on their part of they wouldn't be making this offer.
If you went to court though I'm afraid that it is unlikely that you would recover 100% of the repair cost when it has been more than twelve months since the original repair unless the repair was an extremely expensive one with prolonged guarantees.
That is not to say that you may not be able to negotiate a better deal. If that is their first offer then they may well come up a bit more.
I'm very sorry but I have to give you truthful information.