12826847

8 days ago Barclays Bank took all of my money out of my wife

Customer Question

8 days ago Barclays Bank took all of my money out of my wife and my current account and savings account. It said to reconcile. I have had meetings with the bank and the on line customer support and nobody knows where it has gone. The only thing they know is barclays have taken it but on my account there is no record of who or why. I was told to wait 5 days and would get it resolved. I have a tracking number and they havent even assigned it to anyone to investigate yet even though the bank put the complaint through themselves as highest priority. All of our money is taken and with nothing left
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
Have the five days expired?
How much money have moved? What losses are you currently suffering as a result (other than the money being missing)?
AJ
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi we had £2024 so all of the money in the current account and £5138 from our savings account which was all of it as well. The complaint was put in at 12:00hrs Wednesday last week so today is 6 working days. We are currently living on a small amount of money we had somewhere else and trying to put bits of money into the current account as direct debits wont be paid.

Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
I have received this, I will prepare a response, it will take me a little while but I will revert to you as soon as possible.
AJ
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have just received a letter from them to say they have got the complaint and they will try to resolve this by 11th August so it seems ok to take all of our money for a month with no reason given.

Paul

Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you - is there any reference in the letter to the Financial Ombudsman?
My apologies i have had internet connection problems today.
I will be working on my answer tonight and will post it in the morning.
Thank you kindly for your patience.
AJ
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Looks like you are very busy. I am pleased to say suddenly all the money was returned at midnight last night. They have no explanation except there was some technical glitch. I dont believe them but its sorted. I have now opened an account with another bank and we are closing this one so its their loss.

Paul

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes he didnt give me any info at all and then didnt even get back to me. I used a local solicitor. I am not paying for this, how do I get my £45 back please

Paul