12826847

I bought a car yesterday on finance on the way home i was not

I bought a car yesterday on finance on the way home i was not happy with it i think it has been clocked the whole thing has not gone well can I give the car back under the 14 day cooling off period i have emailed them but had no response what should I do
Did you agree a cooling off period?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not with the dealer i phoned the finance company and they said that i had 14 days cooling off period emailed the car dealership and said i am not happy with the car and wanted to return it they have ignored my email
But surely they are referring to the finance?
Unless they are the same company?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They are different companies the car dealership are ***** *****e of Leeds the finance company is Barclays based in Cardiff the car is with jaguar in Cheltenham being checked over to see what is not as it should be and what needs to be done
You can cancel the finance. However, that is not that simple. They will have paid for the car already and so the only way to escape your contact is to pay in full.
You do not describe rights to cancel the contract for the car and so they cannot be relied upon. Therefore realistically the finance cannot be cancelled unless you can pay in full.
You do have rights under the Sale of Goods Act to demand that the vehicle is 'fit for purpose'. That doesn't mean perfect but it does mean reasonably good. If there are faults then the dealer must offer some remedy.
If you do have rights to cancel the car then it can be returned and the money should be returned to the finance company therefore cancelling it. There may be some additional amounts to pay for admin but not a lot.
jo