13262538

My mum and Dad left their house to us three sisters and our

Customer Question

My mum and Dad left their house to us three sisters and our brother 17 yrs ago in a gift covenant Our brother died three yrs ago so his share went to his wife who does not get on with us sisters and now I want to buy them out and buy my parents house as I was born here and love it dearly. Has my sister in law any right to stop me from buying them out? Or does she have to take her share? ( the house is £180000 ao she will get £45000. Both my sisters want me to be able to buy the house.
Who is living at the property at the moment?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am living at the property since 18 months
Just to check - you are all registered as owners of the property?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The registered owners ar me and my two sisters my sister in law inherited my brothers share but her name was never on the gift deed, only me my sisters and brother
Have you actually started the process to purchase the property?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not yet. Am waiting for the sale of my house to gobthrough then I hope to start to buy it Hopefully by September
Once you are in a position t go ahead if your sister in law wont agree (and money talks) then you and your sisters can apply to the courts for an Order for the Sale of the Property - and provided you are offering the going rate then your sister in law will not be able to prevent it
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The going rate for the house is £200000 but it has a lot of work to do on it and I can only affoard the £180000. My two sisters have agreed with this price. Has my sister in law any ways to make me give her more?
HI
Yes I am afraid that she can insist that it is sold at the market rate - unless your sisters are willing to agree to her having her full share of the actual value