29905560

Is anastasia.com a scam site?

Customer Question

is anastasia.com a scam site?
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. The site itself is not a scam in a sense that it genuinely allows people to look to meet others through it. However as is the case with any dating site there will be rogue users who will try and take advantage of others and they will be running scams. So it is not the site that would be a scam but some of its users and there is no easy way to determine that. There are certain red flags you need to watch out for such as requests for money. This is the biggest red flag that would be cause for concern that the person is not genuine.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for that but that information is already freely available. How can I determine whether the contact that I have made is genuine...I know that is difficult..are there any websites or companies that can check out individuals?

There are plenty of private detectives around but they will not have a guaranteed verification of the person. They can only work based on the information they are given and that is going to come from the individual concerned. So they could provide fake information which when verified could lead to a genuine person but that does not mean it is them. Also you could find that the person is who they say they are and be real, but how can anyone determine what their intentions actually are? It is not like they will be on some register of scammers just because they intend to scam you - So regardless of whether you manage to verify a person or not, you will never be able to determine what their actual intentions are. So the best way is to identify the red flags yourself as the relationship progresses - there is plenty of information and advice on doing this, for example: https://www.fbi.gov/sandiego/press-releases/2013/looking-for-love-beware-of-online-dating-scams http://www.rd.com/advice/relationships/how-to-avoid-online-dating-scams/ http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/top-tips-to-avoid-romance-scams-this-valentines-day-feb13
My full response should be visible on this page. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question or whether you need me to clarify anything else in relation to this? If your query has been answered I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating, selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page. Thank you