13262538

L have joint ownership with my elderly father of the family

hi, l have joint ownership with my elderly father of the family house worth £150,000.
If he needs to go into a nursing home what claim can the govt. make against his half of the value of the property to offset nursing costs, and how would implications would that have for me buying the property outright.
thank you,
Ben
Do you currently live at the property?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Clare,

my father lives alone at the house. He is separated from his 2nd wife and l bought her half of the house. She has no claim on the property.

In that case if he does go into a nursing home then a sale of the property could be forced - unless you were willing to purchase his share of the property for full value
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details