75100385

I am in a rented property and looking to move to another

Hi. I am in a rented property and looking to move to another property of the same rental value. I am able to demonstrate that I can meet the rent; I can offer a rent advance or rent guarantor. However, my income from self employment is low and I am finding that I am not being even short listed for properties due to my income. I have a friend who is interested in co-renting the property with me as he lives abroad but needs somewhere to stay when he is in the UK. I have 3 young children and am looking for a 3 or 4 bedroom house. I would like to know if you think this would be acceptable and if there are any implications. My friend is has high credit score and high income, he is a property owner in the UK and in Holland where he has permanent residence. Would there be any issues? Would there be any benefits for my friend other than having somewhere to stay? Many thanks Bryony
Hello Bryony, my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Is your friend going to be a guarantee or property in his/her name?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

They are willing to act as guarantor but I am dismissed before even getting to that stage. Therefore we are considering jointly renting the property in both names therefore on both incomes I hope.

There would only be an issue if you both fell out and what status that left the tenancy in. In theory as well if he is named he would have a right of access to the property. Therefore you may need to have a sub agreement with their friend that says he is on it in name only but has no rights.
Apart from that there is no issue and if it assists you getting a property it seems like a good idea.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That's great. Many thanks

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.