12826847

I will like to seek advice from you. I recently ordered

Hello, I will like to seek advice from you. I recently ordered a Honda CRV with Honda Sensing and I was delivered a wrong Honda CRV specification. The vehicle order was fine, but the dealer states that Honda the manufacturer appears to have sent the wrong vehicle. I signed a contract for the wrong specifications. I have a feeling the dealer knew. I will like to know where i stand. I bought the vehicle with part exchange and HP. I have been offered a compensation and keep the current car which I have declined as I want the specification requested in the first place. I have been told that I can use the new one while waiting for the right specification to be delivered at no extra charges, but this has not been put in writing. The dealer did state that he will put this in writing once he confirms from Honda. I am not sure what to feel. I feel cheated.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Why do you feel cheated specifically? They have agreed to correct the error ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I feel cheated because I have taken finance for a higher specs and I got a lower specs after waiting for 2 months plus. The dealer did state that they will resolve it and i will not pay extra charges, that the correct car will be ordered. However, they are still waiting to hear from honda. I feel that once the 14 days period for the finance has elapsed, I will be committed financially to a wrong vehicle. The dealer did mention that it will only be paperwork that will change and the finance will remain the same.

I am trying to seek opinion as I have never been in this situation before and I am not sure if the dealer and Honda will play a fast one on me as I am already unhappy.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
But they have said they will change it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, the dealer said so and that he is awaiting Honda's response to this. Would you say I should not worry myself then? I probably need some form of reassurance.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Not on the evidence here.
They are in breach. You have ordered vehicle X and they have supplied vehicle Y which they can't do clearly. They don't seem to dispute that though. All they have said is that you can keep this car until they replace it which is actually something they are not under an obligation to do.
If they don't replace the vehicle then you do have a case.
I do think it would be helpful to put a time limit upon it though. The offer from the dealer seems reasonable enough though. He can't confirm until he hears from Honda which makes sense. He can only get the vehicle when they provide it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, you can clarify anything with me.

I did sign a contract for the wrong car, but the vehicle order is where the right car is.

I do hope they don't change their mind.

Is there anything you think I should do for now?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
If you signed a contract for the wrong car then that could be a problem but it isn't something they are raising at this stage.
You do need to give them a reasonable period of time to put this right.
It might be worth putting your objection in writing. Otherwise though there is much that can be done immediately.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have been contacting them via emails and I have also visited them in their office. I am hoping that I will get a written confirmation from them as promised before the expiration of the 2 weeks period for the finance I took out.

I will keep asking for the Honda update from the dealer and I will also keep calling Honda to raise my concerns.

Thank you very much.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
If you have set it down in an email then that is perfectly fine.
Probably is worth chasing them though.
No problem and all the best.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you very much.

I do appreciate your conversation.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem.
Please remember to leave feedback for my answer.
Experience: Over 5 years in practice