12826847

I bought my council studio flat a year ago however the tenant

Customer Question

I bought my council studio flat a year ago however the tenant above had a leak from replace bathroom taps for a few weeks which went into my my cupboard where my fuse box is situated so the electrician working on behalf of the housing association switched of the power for 6 days as he deemed it too dangerous to leave on.
3 weeks later no one has assess or offered to repair the damage. I have emailed the CEO of the housing association however the letter has been passed on to the complaints department and Ii have heard nothing since.
Mould was present when I looked in my cupboard last week on most of my personal items but I can't open the cupboard now which tells me the mould is getting worse are . There is a very strong mould smell from my cupboard and throughout my flat and I am finding it difficult to stay here.
Can I sue for negligence / no duty of care as my landlord as well disrepair?
Would i be eligible for no win no fee as I can't see myself losing this case when I do?
How much would it cost in general to take my housing association to court?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
For now please let he know if you have contents insurance? What is the cost of putting right?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I do. I am unable to open the cupboard to look at my item. I will get some tools and try tomorrow.

Also I lost frozen and refrigerated items due to the electricity being switched off for 6 days.that was around £100.00

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Alex W are you still there?