Max Lowry, Advocate
Experience:  LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
51031577

When making a statutory demand / money claim on-line against

When making a statutory demand / money claim on-line against a business, is it necessary to claim for the full amount that business owes you, or is is possible to claim for only a portion, e.g. invoices more than a certain number of months overdue?
Expert:  Max Lowry replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome to the site. My name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question. You appear to mixing statutory demands with county court proceedings. The statutory demand is a process commenced outside of the court system but moneyclaim online deals with county court proceedings. Either way, you should be looking to claim the full amount that is outstanding. You don't have to do it this way but of the money is owed them claim it. It will be cheaper and quicker to claim everything that is owed rather than do it piecemeal.
I hope this helps. Please let me know if I can clarify anything.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Max,

Thanks for your answer!

Unfortunately the total amount due is far more than we can afford the court fees to claim, particularly as we believe the business is pretty much insolvent, and we may well be unable to reclaim them.

Cheers,

Stefan