Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

Bought a car 2 weeks ago from a trader,car started leaking

bought a car 2 weeks ago from a trader,car started leaking oil after 2-3 days on drive and advisory came up on dash to check handbrake,have had the car checked out today (my first chance due to work commitments) and both items are serious and very very costly.I signed a receipt for the money,£1675, but nothing else,no "sold as seen" agreement etc so just want to know where i stand with regards ***** ***** my money back etc...
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today.
If you bought the car from a trader you have more rights than if you bought from an individual and this means that they cannot hide behind the 'Sold as Seen' excuse.
When you buy a used car from a trader you have the right to expect it to be of a reasonable quality given it's age and mileage.
If it has the faults you have mentioned you can take it to the dealer and say that you reject the vehicle under the Sale of Goods Act and ask for a refund. You should take the keys and car to the dealer immediately if this is your intention.
If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello is there anything further you would like to know about this situation as I note you have not yet rated my answer which is an important part of the process?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i'll let you know how i get on but pleased so far,thank you

Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Great I'm glad you're pleased. I would be grateful if you would rate my answer OK or above, I will happily then answer your follow on questions for free.