13262538

If I divorce my parent am I legally separate form them financially?

If I divorce my parent am I legally separate form them financially? I'm 34 but keep on getting debt collection letters, bailiffs, and paying off bills. I also had a loan declined on the basis of my parent's unsettled bill.
This has been going on for 20 years but with no change. I'm getting married an have to think of my own prospective family. I cannot afford for mortgages to be declined on the basis of my mum continually using my address and name as guarantor etc.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
I am afraid that there is no process whereby a child can divorce a parent in the UK.
However you are in no way liable for your parent's debts - and you cannot be forced to act as their guarantor.
If you move from their property then you shoudl leave their credit record behind you
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details