75100385

I purchased a very expensive used mercedes from a main dealer.

I purchased a very expensive used mercedes from a main dealer. The car is just 2 years old and has no known faults, however whilst looking on YouTube I see my car (same registration number) being rallied around a test track doing high speed sideways drifting by Auto Express test drivers who were comparing it against another vehicle. The fact that my vehicle had been subjected to such extreme testing was not highlighted at the point of sale, do I have any recourse with the dealer
Mr Trueman
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Did the dealer know about this before selling it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I do not know as I have not made them aware that I have found the video. They did not point this out but I am assuming they did not know
Ok - what is it you want to achieve?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If I had known that the car had been subjected to such extreme testing then I would most likely not have purchased it. I think anyone would think twice if the salesman was to say "yes it's a very nice car sir but it has been thrashed sideways around a race circuit" Had I not seen the video then I would be non the wiser. I do like the car and it's currently faultless however its conceivable that excessive strain and wear has been placed on the engine and running gear which may result premature problems in the future. In terms of what I want to achieve .... at the very least a free 5 year warranty (currently 2 years) or ideally take the car back and furnish me with a like for like car.
Carl
How long have you had it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Purchased on the 30 May 2015
Have you approached the garage?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not yet but was thinking of composing a letter to explain the situation to see what response I get
Ok. What is your question of me about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Very simple if I was to go further in terms of a legal claim would I have strong case?
Yes. This is breach of contract by misrepresentation. They omitted a statement. As you said they probably didnt know about it, so the law says you are entitled to hand the car back and you are entitled to your money. If they knew about it, then you would ALSO be entitled to damages.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.