75100385

We had a court case at Luton County Court last month. The judge

Customer Question

We had a court case at Luton County Court last month. The judge made an award of about £4,000 against us whilst the claim was for around £6,500. The judge asked us when we could pay this and we said around 14 days. We have since not received any court order from the Court telling us the exact amount payable and when. We today received a Statutory demand for £4,100 from solicitors of the claimant. We rang up the court after this and were told that no Court Order has yet been issued.
Can the Claimant's solicitors issue a Statutory Demand without a Court Order ? Should they not ask the Bailiff to enforce judgement rather then issue a Statutory Demand ? what should our next step be in this situation ?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Did you not take a note of the sum?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So, what do you suggest we do now ??

The usual rule is that sums are due within 14 days, unless the Court orders otherwise.
A statutory demand gives you an additional 18 days to pay it or set aside. You need to speak to Luton County Court and ask if the order has been drawn. If not they can get the file and give you the sum.