12826847

Madam; the police has been looking after staff in

Customer Question

Dear Sir/Madam;
the police has been looking after staff in council who for racial or any other reasons, sent my picture to all shops in my borough accusing me of shoplifting. This action has stopped my life. The police started an investigation and they dont want to tel me anything about.
How to deal with this case.
S,S
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

is anyone allowed to take picture of someone and send it to all shops in a borough?

why the police doesn't want to give me any information after their investigation?

the problem started after my complain to the commissioner Paula Sussex of the third sector about a charity where i volunteered.

staff their made false accusation of benefit fraud. the police investigated that and didnt give me any reply.

later they asked someone to take a picture of me and send it to shops accussing me of shoplifting.

the police started started an investigation again and they still dont want to reply

which legal action can I take? is it intentional defamation and can I ask for compensation as i cant go anywhere in my borough and had to leave college?

safa

On your specific points
1 Yes, anybody can take photographs of anybody.
2 Probably because they don't wish to give you advance information of their findings. If they did that some people would just have time to think of a false answer.
3 There isn't anything you can do at this stage. They are entitled to investigate.
4 Making a false allegation can amount to defamation. To act against the accuser you will need to prove the allegations are false. It will cost in excess of £25k if they contest it as they certainly would and there is no legal aid. They will almost certainly rely on fair comment and public interest to defend.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

IS anyone allowed to take a picture of someone and send (please this the question ) the picture to shops to accusing someone of shoplifting?

the police investigated shoplifting for 3 months. can i ask the police for the outcome of their investigation?

why does the police not reply to me now after the police finished their investigation?

the claims made by staff about benefit fraud were investigated by the police and proved false. what is the next step I have to take ?

1 Yes. Anybody can take photographs and use them for any purpose they like. That is why you see adverse photographs on sites like Facebook.
2 You can. What you cannot do is force them to answer unless they are willing to do so.
3 There could be lots of reasons. One might be that they haven't finished. Another is that they are not prepared to give you that information for confidentiality reasons.
4 The claims were no proved to be false. They may have been investigated and there was not evidence evidence to act against you. That does not mean the claims were false.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Could you please send recommend a sollicitor in this field in west london area?

I really dont get how someone can send my picture to shops to accuse me of shoplifting if he doesn't know me

thanks a lot

The fact he doesn't know you adds weight to the allegation as he has no reason to lie.
I'm not sure that I can recommend a solicitor as there is no action that can be taken. There are firms that deal with defamation and firms that deal with crime but neither seem appropriate as there is no claim in defamation realistically and there is no investigation against you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

there was an investigation against me. the police contacted all shops and even my dentist. the police visited every place where i paid with bank card.

He doesnt know me at all. He was asked to take a picture of meby staff from the charity to do that after I raised concerns to the commissionar of the third sector.

Yes, bu you say there isn't now so a criminal practitioner would not be able to act.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

now i dont think the police is investigating anything. I emailed the police telling them i was going to contact and media a week ago. since then the police in my borough stopped even looking at me.

Then it not a matter for a criminal practitioner.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

so who deals with such a matter?

There are firms that deal with defamation and firms that deal with crime but neither seem appropriate as there is no claim in defamation realistically and there is no investigation against you.
If it just that somebody has made a referral to the police which they have not acted upon yet or cannot act upon because they cant find enough evidence then there just plain isn't a claim I'm afraid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the problem is much bigger than that which i might not be able to explain here.

anyway the police investigated everything ( even with undercover agents). The police started its investigation after staff in a charity made claims of shoplifting and benefit fraud after my complaint to the commisionar in which I explained to the commisionar there are staff hired in this charity unable to do their work.

so in their attempt to revenge they asked this guy to take a picture of me to send it to shops. I reported this incident to the police, the police and the police removed my picture from shops and then started its own investigation

Well, possibly but that doesn't change anything.
He has taken a photograph which anybody is free to do.
He has circulated it amongst shops which is something that is not unlawful. Whether it is a defamation or not depends on what was said but it is just that he has said you have made complaints and others should be careful then that is a point he is perfectly free to make.
He might well have been motivated by revenge but that doesn't change anything.
I'm happy to continue with this but please leave feedback for my answer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks a lot with your help.

No problem and all the best.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/