75100385

My wife runs a small business and has paid a supplier a

Hi my wife runs a small business and has paid a supplier a deposit of 12,000:00 for a water treadmill. She was promised the machine in August but has now been told this will not be the case, the supplier has also stated that the machine will be delivered when it is ready but will not confirm a date. My wife now wishes to use an alternative supplier as they can supply the product within the timeframe required and wants her deposit back but the original supplier is refusing to refund her deposit. Her business will suffer without the treadmill being installed. How does she stand legally with regard to the refund of the deposit please? Thank you. Tony Edis
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** to losses I take it this means the deposit paid and any costs regarding advertising the product. If this goes to court will she be able to claim any legal costs related to this?

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.