75100385

I've been given a parking fine in my own private parking space

Customer Question

I've been given a parking fine in my own private parking space which I own, outside my own house by UKCPS. I was not displaying my permit at the time as it says to on the signs erected around the estate. I've appealed and its been rejected and my complaint to the independent appeals service has been rejected.
Do I have to pay the £100? Or do I have a case.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Why didnt you display a permit?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'd arranged to buy a new car the next day, so I emptied the old car of everything ready to transfer to my new one. The permit was in my house at the time the fine was issued.

Its bad news I am afraid. You should have displayed the permit and did not, therefore technically you are liable. Sadly it used to be this was just breach of contract and not enforceable, however a recent Court of Appeal decision means they are valid.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This seems a ridiculous law. Thank you for your advice though. I was just going to ignore it, I've no choice but to pay now.

Sadly unless the Supreme Court changes the position.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.