LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

My late husband has left money in his will to grandchildren

My late husband has left money in his will to grandchildren in USA to be held in trust until they reach the age of 18. I have no idea how to do this. Please can you tell me where to start?
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you.
If you are the executor and trustee, then details of the trust should be set out in the will together with the powers of the trustees. You should look at this. Generally you will need to keep the money separate and safe for the children and abide by the terms set out in the will.
It may be sensible to obtain legal advice in the orthodox face to face way about this.