12826847

I was driving down to Dorset to see my mother on Friday 10th

I was driving down to Dorset to see my mother on Friday 10th July, and I passed a stationary police van with a speed camera, at about 13.00 hours. I think, I don't know for sure, that I might have been exceeding the 60mph by 2 or 3 mph. It is now Saturday 25th, and I have heard nothing. Will a NIP still be valid if I receive one on Monday or Tuesday this week?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Are you the registered keeper?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I am the registered keeper of the vehicle.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
As long as the DVLA have the correct address for you, they are time barred.
The rules are contained in S1[1]c] Road Traffic Offenders Act 1988 which you’ll find here
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/53/section/1
They must either deliver a NIP verbally at scene or serve it upon the registered keeper within fourteen days of the offence.
Under S1[1A] the notice should actually arrive within 14 days.
However, its important to respond in a particular way. The document they may send is confusing. Although it is one document, it contains both a NIP and a S172 form which are two different legal entities. They may well be time barred on the NIP but that doesn’t mean you can avoid your S172 responsibilities.
If you don’t respond naming the driver on the S172 form they will charge you with failing to identify.
If you do fill out the forms naming the driver then its likely you would hear no more about it. If they do seek to prosecute you then you can rely on the fact that the NIP was out of time.
If it is only a few mph over the limit then probably this has not registered though.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.