75100385

Santander bank advised me that a 123 savings account with credit

Santander bank advised me that a 123 savings account with credit card access is a safe option regards ***** ***** £20,000 investment to get 3% interest return as my other savings only 0.5% but know card access had to visit branch to access account in six years account savings £15,000 / £45,000 safe. But santanders claim that their 24/7 monitoring system scans all accounts and spot even slightly unusual transactions or large sum being payed out they will contact myself to make sure I was user.and even hold payment if they cannot contact me. But two months later went to tesco atm for small withdrawal to be told know funds available knowing only I new my pin and card with me expecting hick in atm or santanda system. So drove to my santanda branch to check on way phoned partner to say wear I was going as needed some cash anyway . But to be told by my partner in tears she had taken details needed for bingo sites I said you don't know my pin which is not needed. And santanda extra care taken for payments made without pin needed. Now put phone down on partner had nothing to say couldn't believe she had gone into my wallet taken details couldn't get my head round her actions carried onto branch needed to see total damage to account. Been together eight years never done this before still know reason . Went in saw deputy manager told what happened atm then my partners addmission.to stealing my details and I reporting fraudulent use of my card. Without my knolage cancelled card and new one ordered and pin now told all £21,000 been wasted on bingo site. And to be told after asking why know call from security to check unusual transaction and large sums made by myself especially as know pin required deputy manager said may not have been picked up as not enough difference from my day to day use of account . Before I got to upset I asked to see branch manager as I was letting other customers aware of santanders answer manager took me into office and asked how this was possible as I've never been on a bingo site in my life and never would and told him to check my accounts going back ten years I'm telling the truth so how could £21,000 not be termed as even very unusual and Hugh money transactions not single security check even branch manger couldn't answer . So branch manager sent to emails one to complaints department to look into my complaint and one to security to block any further fruadulent use on bingo sites and payments. After this I asked if account was safe and as I was told empty I needed to put funds into cover credit card bill which I cleared every month told yes so transferred another ten thousand. Asked for statements showing total abuse. The only thing I didn't do instantly was report my partner fraudulent actions to police fr a crime number . I wanted her to explain why to my face not that I could think of anything that would justify her action. As my upbringing honesty and truth very important standards in life my father was a wing commander in the RAF and uncle station commander OBE very regimental. Even after eight years I wouldn't dream of going in my partners handbag even if she told me I could I would hand it to her wouldn't even open letter in her name even if it was a bill I would pay in the end. Something
I could see me finding exstreamly hard to get over trust is big part of a relationship. Now by accident I received two lots of statements showing use and payments now didn't look to closely as still in shock. When I did get a look first set like I would receive at end of month it still showed on one day 42 transactions to same bingo site amounts of £100/£500 at ten mins intervals £11,900 total what it didn't show clearly when payment sent to site there seem to be two day period use and payment but not sure. Ie play on 2nd payment 4th I thought any transaction same day payment. I also became aware same transactions could be shown on one set of statements on 24th jan on different set same transactions showing three days later so statements sent out to customers showing £21,000 over four day period. But I also got some statements printed by deputy manager by accident showing actual dates and times down to min and when played and approved by santanda for payment.two / three days after now I asked for all statement covering total fraud it told thes accurate statements were of internal use only . I realised the between midnight and 5.00am day I reported fraud internal statements showing £11,900 play in under two hours and when I was told account empty not true the £11,900 even though approved by santanda stil in my account so additional £ 10,000 account showing £ 19,890 so why did santanda payout £11,900 two/three days after I reported fraud not myself told because they had approved payments. So santanda terms state after report of fraud by myself any further play or payments replayed by santanda to my account, which santanda have not done . Know more play after my report so as far as I was managers letters
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. What would you like to know about this situation?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Santander have allowed over £35,000 to be payed out on bingo sites without one call from security checking it was myself wasting my inheritances as terms state any slight out of the normal trans system will phone to check myself so Hugh sums payed out totally not normal use santanda broke there terms and conditions but have refused to repay lost funds even after reporting fraud which should freeze any further payments or play . But santanda saying as funds still shown in my account but approved by santanda payed out two/three days after I reported fraud I thought I was customer so why pay my money at my loss when santanda terms after I report fraud santanda repay funds to myself. So because I did have my partner arrested and charged I acted in a negligent manor and fraudulent so that's santanders refusal to refund purely on the strength of I must have known. But why would I willingly through thirty five thousand on a bingo site . Just doesnt make any sense I feel insulted that santanda hold such a low a opinion of myself and obviously low inteligents to allow my partner to play at a rate of £11,900 in under two hours. It really does show santanders loyalty to genuine honest customers well you maybe infor a shock at what my next move will be . As I have it on a dickter phone the branch manager saying he sent two emails on the day I reported fraud on my account and getting me copies which after two months saying lost of santanders system as you well know doesn't happen. Investigation team who couldn't even be bothered to get dates correct and have prove I was to blame and knowingly allowed it to happen if that's the case I should be committed as my only out come of this is my loss. Even getting to young lady ombudsman to state santanders hands were tied and haven't done anything wrong and payment after I re ported fraud they had to as they had approved payment even though funds still in my account so obviously ombudsman hasn't read santanders terms.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I opened this account I asked because of card withdrawal were saving safe . Told as terms and conditions clearly state even slightly unusual transaction will be pick up by our 24/7 monitoring system and they will check with my self before clearance so I transferred max amount of £20,000 to gain 3% interest . Two month later tesco arm small withdrawal know funds available drove to my branch after phoning partner who broke down and told me she had take details when I was asleep she was not on the account or had card but I couldn't believe know pin needed now I was hundred percent honest saying who did it but she could have if they contacted myself as terms state now being told transactions not unusual enough to my day to day use now account emptied of £21,000 not one call and £11,900 in one ad a half hours but because I wouldn't report my partner straight away they refused refund funds saying I had neglected and acted in a fruadulent way by not reporting my partner I must have allowed it to happen . They broke the contract firstly by allowing funds to be used even after I reported it now over £ 35,000 not one call as they said security would contact myself. So they refuse to replace funds breaking there agreement when I opened the account.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
How much do you want to claim please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My claim is santanda are refusing to refund lost funds.saying as I haven't reported my partner to police and get crime number. But my point is I did say when I reported fraud she was the guilty party and I did take her to police station where she admitted fraud . But since santanda are refusing to refund funds saying I must have known . And my actions were fraudulent and negligent. But I believe santanda acted negligently and fraudulently at outset by not honouring agreement to monitor account and slightly unusual transactions security contact myself.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
How much have you lost all in all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
£38,000
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience