12826847

I have an issue with my neighbour to do with there fence,

Customer Question

Hello, I have an issue with my neighbour to do with there fence, they are panel fences with 6 ft reinforced concrete posts, the panels are 4" with trellis slid in on the top, my privacy is invaded, so i bought the thin bamboo screening and fixed a backing on the back to give me privacy, to fix these on i stuck wooden battens with adhesive onto the concrete posts and on the garden wall close to my back door and attached a batten across to fix the screen in between to stop movement this has been screwed into the wooden battens stuck onto the posts. She can still remove the panels they are not fixed to the wooden fence and i have not drilled into the posts, panels or the wall, they have been up since may, then yesterday (25/7/15) as i was putting out my washing she started smacking my screening with a broom while swearing ect for me to get it off her fence causing damage while screaming and swearing like a banshee and threatening to stab me and cause damage to my property i have witnesses who saw and heard she then called the police for something she done. ?????. she apparently got a surveyor from the council to look at how i have attached the screening, answer not known. My property is a mid terrace house i will check with land registry to see if its a shared boundary or not and i think she is going to see a solicitor, have i done the right thing? what is the law in this case? will i need to take it down or am i aloud to keep it up as i have caused no damage. I would be grateful if you can advise me.
Many Thanks
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Do you know WHO owns the fence?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Alex, thank you but i have canceled my payment as i have someone who will assist me, sorry for the inconvenience. I'm really upset from yesterdays experience. Its her fence, she put it up before i bought my house but i think its a shared boundary

Happy to help!