We have bought a car on part ex and finance ,it was dropped

we have bought a car on part ex and finance ,it was dropped off yesterday ona low loader at my house,after 2hours the alarm kept going off repeatedly after phoning the dealer he said it was a common fault ,to take it Halfords and send them the bill ,after moving nearer the house we now cannot get the key out of the ignition on closer inspection of the car we feel we have been sold aDuff car ,it has a3 month warranty ,we now have no confidence in this 1first payment is due in September.What is your advice Thanking you. Regards Hugh
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
How old is the car, how many miles and how much did you pay?
Did you not examine the car before you purchased it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

8.900 Pounds. the car is 6 year old and examined the car only externely but not the engine or electrics

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
What has the dealer said about the faults? Why did you not get an independent engineer to examine it for you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Have not been able to get in touch with him yet but have dealt with him before and trusted him,however now had someone look at it they say its not fit for purpose all I want to know what are my rights

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Sadly its very hard to take a used car back. This is because unless you cant drive it, ie the engine has stopped then your rights are limited. You can only claim a refund if it has broken down. But if you want I can outline the process.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.