12826847

Case summaryI have been asked to send a case summary for

Customer Question

Case summary
I have been asked to send a case summary for case management conference. I have been away on holiday and just returned to see these documents in my post. I do not have time to instruct a solicitor to write this at short notice for me. Where can I find information on basic ingredients of case summary what should this contain? should this be a brief description of particulars of claim? or what steps have been taken since then?
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. What is the case about?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. This relates to a construction dispute. I am the homeowner and litigant in person. Incomplete building works . verbal contract(builder refused to sign a contract), defective works.unfair and excessive invoices 2weeks of work= 22-25k.without agreeing a payment schedule or time schedule.

I feel the defendants legal advisor(legal executive) is behaving oppressively in making me spend more money by delaying mediation until case management conference.

Court has asked me as a claimant to provide a case summary-which I believe are facts in the case which I have prepared.

I am required to produce a 1 page summary Precedent H but I am litigant in person. I know my litigation costs having had to go through this in the past for another building claim .

This is a costs and case management conference

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The defendants(builder) legal rep has provided a precedent H showing his costs as 65 k which are unreasonable and disproportionate

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have a precedent H from another previous building dispute which was settled in my favour without a hearing showing legal fees of £35k. Can I dispute the defendants cost budget in that it is oppressive and excessive.

I have been asked to provide cost budget precedent H as a claimant/litigant in person, can I ask for my fees in preparing the case at £80 per hour being my usual rates ( non legal occupation).

I will be using a barrister after the mediation if this doesn't settle

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please cancel the question