12826847

I have 3 convictions council tax benefit (total

Customer Question

I have 3 convictions for claiming council tax benefit (total amount claimed around £400) that are now 10 years old. The CRB people are telling me that I can never get them removed because I have 3 convictions (I was fined £250 for each conviction). The reason they put 3 convictions on there is because I signed off and signed on again for council tax benefit 3 times (all within the space of around six months) although with hindsight I think it was only twice. I was so terrified when I went to court that I did not dispute the number of times.
How can I get these convictions removed as it is affecting my ability to get work?
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today.
What area of work are you applying for?