75100385

To cut a long story short,two firms of debt collectors have

To cut a long story short,two firms of debt collectors have written to me saying they are acting on behalf of two credit card companies.
I have asked both for copies of the respective credit agreements - one has replied saying they are attempting to obtain these - the other has asked - 'in order to prevent a breach of the Data Protection Act'- for my date of birth and previous address and when it was vacated.
This smacks of some sort of fishing expedition,and why would these details be needed for one company and not the other?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
You are not obliged to provide ANY information. They must provide you a copy of the agreement under the Data Protection AND Consumer Credit Act.
The Acts do not prevent them releasing it on condition of your address and dob.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was going to say to this firm that I could see no possibility of a breach as there is only one person with my name who has lived at my current address for the past quarter of a century-
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Indeed. Does that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes,that's great-thanks.This may be an ongoing saga,so it would be good to be able to contact you again-is that possible,rather than flitting from one person to another?!
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Indeed.
Just start future questions: For Alex W
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.