13262538

I've been married tho a Sudanese woman(uk citizen) .

I've been married tho a Sudanese woman(uk citizen) for 5yrs. She left Sudan to escape the restrictions of Islam and was estranged from her family who disapproved of our marriage. She recently reconciled with her father and he planned to visit in June. She suddenly said that she wanted me to move out as our marriage was not working. I gave up my work contact and was looking after out two sons, one 4yrs autistic, and baby 1yr, five days a week while she started her own business. The day after I moved out,I went to look after the boys and found she had moved out of the house and area. She text me to say not to look for her and I would hear from her solicitor and to leave her alone.She has refused to tell me where my children are. I am concerned for their welfare as she has had mental health problems and she cannot manage the children. I also fear her father may be manipulating her to get uk residence. Is there any legal steps I can take to get access to my children?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
When did you last see the children?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I saw my sons on June 11th 2015. It was the day I moved into my flat.that evening my wife called to ask me to go and settle my 1 yr old as he was very upset. I put him to bed and made arrangements to look after them on the 12th, as I had agreed to mind them 5 days a week so she could work. When I arrived, the house was empty and she tested me to say she had left Newcastle and I would hear from her solicitor.I when yo the police who said they couldn't do anything as she had text saying they were safe. My greatest concern is for my 4yr old because he is autistic and was settled at a special school. My wife finds it difficult to manage the children and gets very depressed.

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
What other steps have you taken to trace your ex?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I've checked social media and friends but have found no information.She has given up her business, house mobility car and my sons place in the special school.

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Have you asked the Police to do a "safe and well" check?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When I first reported it, the police said that as she had texted me that they were settled and happy they could not do anything unless I thought she would take them out of the county. The children do not have passports. I am worried that her father is putting pressure on her. Apparently he wants to leave his second wife in Egypt. He studied for his PHD in Glasgow and has friend there. He is not a UK citizen. He may think if he says she needs his help he could extend his visa. Do you think I should have grounds to ask the police to run the check? Do I have the right to know where my children are and that they are safe?

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
When did you get the text?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry about the delay I've been having difficulty accessing WiFi. Lucy texted me on 20th July saying they were safe and not to hassle her and that I would hear from her solicitor. I left it for a couple of weeks then asked if she would text me photos of the boys.She respond with "good try"saying I just want to trace her. I accept that the marriage is over, but I am very concerned about the children, particularly as she finds it difficult to cope with my autistic son. I had to give up my contract and now only have a zero hr.contact she has also needed help from the mental health team and a psychologist.

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
What Mental Health problems does she have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Lucinda suffered from depression, the local mental health team worked with her and a psychologist recently.

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
There are a number of options here.
If you have immediate concerns about the care of the children you should notify Social Service sin order that they can check that all is well
You can also ask the Police to do a "safe and well" check where they visit the children and will let you know that they are ok - but not where they are.
Alternatively you can make an immediate application to the court for a Prohibited steps order to prevent her from removing the children from the Uk and a Child Arrangement Order to establish your contact with the children
You will need a form C1000 to achieve this and you will also need a form C2 to ask for the DWP to release her address to the Court for service
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you that is most helpful