This is a question about UK limited company dispute.

Customer Question

Hi, This is a question about UK limited company dispute. We are 2 directors each owning an equal share of a Uk based limited company.

The company was formed as we were about to develop the same website and thought it would be wise to partner instead of competing. Now there are serious personality clashes and we can not agree on anything anymore.

The website is nearly complete. I did some help in testing and finalising the specification but the software for the website was completely written by my partner with no coding help from me. All the software/tools etc used to make the website was identified and purchased by my partner using his personal credit card.

I have spent a decent amount of money on marketing and promoting the forthcoming website. Now the technical person (my partner) is unwilling to continue any further and want to dissolve the partnership.

What are my legal rights for

1) Any software that was written for the website

2) The brand name (including logo, domain name etc)

3) Stopping my partner from making a similar website now that they are not partnering with me.

4) Also can I sue my partner over lost earnings, opportunity lost cost and/or damages (specifically the money I have spent on marketing)?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Do you have any contract with each other? Is this a Ltd co or partnership?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ltd co (have you gone through what I have written?)

No written contract though we discussed the terms and conditions, a lot over face to face meetings and phone.

Have exchanged emails regarding specifications and direction of the company and written tasks in google docs