75100385

A few weeks ago I made a payment of £200 from my Coop bank

Customer Question

Hi, a few weeks ago I made a payment of £200 from my Coop bank account but unfortunately gave the wrong sort code, and it went to an account with HSBC. I contacted my bank straight away and they have now written to me to say that they have requested that HSBC identifies the person to whom the account belongs, but the person has refused permission and there is nothing more my bank can do. I have rung the Financial Ombudsman and know that I can ask them to check that my bank has done everything it can to recover the money, but I suspect they have, so I'm thinking about applying to the Commercial Court. The Coop Bank has sent me a Form N208. Will it be worth my while proceeding with this? I realise there will be costs to pay, but how much are they likely to be and how likely am I to get my £200 back? Many thanks, Sarah.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Form N208 there will be a Court fee of £280.
If you use form N1:
http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf
The Court fee is £35.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.