UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

My Friend got his TIER 1 in 2009 and after that he finally

Customer Question

Hi, My Friend got his TIER 1 in 2009 and after that he finally got his ILR UK visa last year and now planning to apply for UK Naturalisation, his qualification is equal to U Bachelor Degree listed on Naric Point based system.
the problem is few days back someone has stolen his all qualification certificates and now if he applies with Life in UK Plus Esol then will it be accepted at Home office or he needs to get his new qualification certificate copies from abroad and then apply for Naturalisation? because for his Actual Tier 1 HSMP visa he submitted the bachelor degree certificate to Home office also for his visa extension same and also for ILR Visa same qualification was used but now his qualification certificates are stolen by someone, what should he do to meet his B1 English requirement? Willl Esol help or he needs to submit same Bachelor Degree certificate submitted with previous visa and extensions?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 1 year ago.
I would advise your friend to write in a covering letter explaining the loss of the certificates and pointing out that he has already submitted the certificates in previous visa applications.
The Home Office will have records of these certificates and there is therefore no need to worry about sending them again. The other alternative is for your friend to make a subject access request asking the home office to send him copies of these certificates which he may send with his application.
Hope this helps
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Many thanks for your reply.

Kindly also advise if he sends Esol certificate for English requirement along with covering letter will it help to fulfil English language requirement?

Yes, the ESOL qualification will be accepted if it meets the following condition:
ESOL qualifications at entry level 3 or level 1 or level 2, including speaking and listening, that have been regulated by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual). The qualification must be listed as an ESOL qualification on the Ofqual Register of Regulated Qualifications and must have been taken in England, Wales or Northern Ireland.
All the best, ***** ***** feedback
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience: English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your above reply.

Kindly advise whether Home office will ask to submit the same qualification certificate submitted at the time of previous visa and extensions OR ESOL qualification certificate is acceptable as an alternate? I asked my friend to submit the covering letter with all details and also submit application with ESOL certificate along with Life in UK but he said Home office may ask him to submit same qualification certificate submitted at the time of actual visa and extensions. In that case he will have to go back to country and apply for new copies of his certificates? Kindly advise your comments. Please reply

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your above reply.

He does not need to provide the certificates if they were previously provided. He may also submit the new ESOL certificate, nothing wrong with that.
All the best
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Again

Can you please advise me what qualification required from November 2015 onwards to fullfil the English Language requirement as I got information from someone that from November onwards English Language requirements are changing and only B1 level or above English language certificates are accepted but degree taught in English would be no longer acceptable? Please do reply me asap. Thanks for your cooperation.