12826847

I have an Estate agent who looks after my property and I have

Customer Question

I have an Estate agent who looks after my property and I have several issues here:
1. He did not let me have an inventory until 10 months into the tenancy and is of very poor standard. Pictures are blurry and each room has been ticked as good/very good/poor etc. I am not confident that I will be able to get my apartment back in the original decorative order
2.He does not answer calls and was in fact caught out when I rang him from a different mobile and he answered promptly having just let my first call go to answering machine.
3.When I complained about how the tenants had decorated the living room and why he had not done something about this, his response was that as it had improved the room he felt this was not necessary.
4. I have made a number of complaints about lack of communication on his part and his reply was that unless it was an emergency he does not send replies promptly. My last e mail to him was 10 days ago where I had reiterated that :
I would like to increase the rent and would like him to negotiate this with the tenants.
I felt that this was an urgent matter as the tenancy comes to an end in September but
so far he has not come back to me.
He has kept the deposit and my contract with him has a clause stating that if I finish my agreement with him, I cannot retain the tenants which is a pity as besides their failure to ask permission about redecorating the living room, they have been good about paying the rent promptly
Where do I stand on this?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
What is it you want to achieve?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do I make sure that the property is returned to me in the manner I gave it seeing that the estate agent had not done a good job if the inventory? How do I ensure that he replies to me when he is contacted and in light if his unprofessional attitude do I have grounds to bypass him and retain the tenants ?
Do you have a contract with the agent?