12826847

Sorry i live near an army base that is doing night exercise

Customer Question

sorry i live near an army base that is doing night exercise that idisrupt my disabled autustic childs sleep we were not aware of night flights before we bought it 4 years ago it did not show up in the seacrh
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jo,

Basically we would like tofind a way of getting compensation re the noise as it did not show up on the search, the helicoptors will fly around our area for hours on end , in circles, very low for no apparent reason, up untill midnight two or three nights in succesion, then have a nreak for a week or so, our 9 year old autistica disables child has his sleep ptaatern ruined, and whilst medicated for his violant behaviuor helps it will not help if deprivved of sleep. we moved to this area for peace and quite due to his needs , clearly this is not now the case, and at 57 i wont get another mortgae, or or could support another loan, this effectivlt is ruining our very existance there

We feel the need to be compensated to enable us to move on

thank you Les

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
But surely the Army base would have shown?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes it is known to us, but not the helicopters,and the amount of air traffic, given they hover for hours burning off fuel or collecting air miles i guess!!

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I'm really sorry but you will struggle here.
The fact that the Army are on exercises at this specific location would not show on searches probably because it is subject to the Official Secrets Act.
However, if the fact that is an Army base was disclosed then I'm afraid a court would say that enough information was disclosed to comply with requirements.
I'm very sorry.