Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

I have been in touch with police and have noise monitoring

i have been in touch with police and have noise monitoring equipment from council in my home i am now thinking of selling do i have declare this to the estate agent
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help with your question today.
Do you mean you have a noise problem with your neighbour?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry yes it is

Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
There is no legal requirement to tell the estate agent about noisy neighbours but when you have a buyer they may ask about problem neighbours and, if that question is asked, you should disclose the information as failure to do so could amount to a breach of contract. From a practical point of view, you should let the estate agent find a buyer - disclosing noisy neighbours too early might stop that from happening. Once a buyer has been secured you can speak to your conveyancer about the problem and then decide whether the problem is one that has to be disclosed; remembering that whilst you may find the neighbours a problem others might not.