Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

Can a remand prisoner change there legal team if they are being

Customer Question

Can a remand prisoner change there legal team if they are being unfairly representative he is my partner and is accused of cats rape
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help with your question today.
Is he on legal aid?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

He is at present I'm willing to pay for someone to look at it what solicitors are attached too wherein country are you where in manchester

Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
We are not a law firm even though I am a solicitor specialising in criminal law.
If he is unhappy with his solicitors he should apply in writing to the Court to change solicitors.
There is a good from in Manchester specialising in this type of work : www.stokoepartnership.com
Paying privately will be very costly - a Crown Court trial on allegation of rape will cost at least £20 - 25,000 for solicitor and barrister.
If he has fallen out with his current solicitors because they are are trying to pressure him into pleading guilty then he should be able to get the case transferred.