12826847

I have been arrested 'harassment' of my ex-partner

Customer Question

I have been arrested for the 'harassment' of my ex-partner (no violence - merely Christmas and birthday cards and no personal or verbal contact). In the first instance, am I required to have been given a WRITTEN warning about my future behaviour? Does the absence of such a warning invalidate my arrest? Was my arrest lawful? I've consulted PACE and none of the provisions which suggest that I should have been arrested are met
No.
The harassment warning is a legal fiction. It is no more than a police method of diverting a complaint away from prosecution. They do not have to do that first. They often do depending on the nature of the harassment complained of but the absence of one is a non issue.
Yes, your arrest was lawful. There is no need for a harassment warning.
Sorry if that is bad news but this point is a non starter I'm afraid.