12826847

If someone tells lies while on oath at a Nurses Fitness to

If someone tells lies while on oath at a Nurses Fitness to Practice court and this results in a nurse being unfairly struck off and banned from practicing her profession is there any way that the nurse's husband can cause the liars to be charged with perjury?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I presume the evidence was accepted?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, the three panellists believed the false evidence of the two liars acting in collusion and initially suspended my wife for a year then on the grounds that my wife showed no remorse in respect of the false accusations they struck her off and currently the NMC are publishing libellous comments about her based on their incorrect and unwise judgement.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What is the evidence of perjury?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

one witness accused my wife of being in a certain place on a certain day whereas on that day she had two medical appointments both far from this place. Both witnesses contradicted themselves when giving evidence. Both witnesses claimed to have heard my wife making racist remarks in a crowded room but they were the only two who heard those remarks, reason being the remarks were invented by one of the witnesses and substantiated by the other. Nobody else in the room was interviewed or questioned by either the NMC or the Hospital's initial investigator.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Can you prove that these remarks are false?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Not personally, I was under the impression that perjury was a criminal offence and that the police would investigate the matter. I am a pensioner with no savings and a very limited income, my wife has retired also and there is no way I would have the resources to track down the other people who were in that room 4 years ago but certainly my wife could prove her two medical appointments that she attended and perusal of the written record of the liars testimony would show that what they said could not possibly be true.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
They will but there are various problems.
The first is that there needs to be evidence and there is none here. In fact, their evidence seems to have been accepted which doesn't mean perjury cannot be brought but there does need to be some fairly substantial undermining evidence. It isn't an appeal basically. The second is that there needs to be a referral from the court. They will not investigate on your evidence alone.
Obviously I didn't have access to the detail of the case but sometimes witnesses do lie on unimportant facts but that doesn't get over the hurdle of perverting. Most witnesses give false evidence about something. Not necessarily to mislead but because they are mistaken or incorrect for other reasons. That doesn't get over the hurdle of perverting.
Sorry if that is bad news.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The NMC are currently publishing untrue and damaging remarks about my wife as a direct result of the actions of two malicious liars working in collusion. Do I really have no legal redress against either the liars or the NMC who through stupidity chose to believe the liars and struck off my wife. The striking off is not a problem as my wife had retired before ever the false charges were brought but the continuing publication of these insulting remarks by the NMC is a major issue for me as my wife is a good kind and honest person who gave 40 years service to this despicable country and has been rewarded with insults and humiliation by a bullying despicable unreliable organisation.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
There is no action that can be taken basically because they believed the witnesses I'm afraid unless you can prove that it is not possible they were telling the truth upon material facts.
Even then perjury is very unlikely unfortunately.
Experience: Over 5 years in practice