75100385

Good morning, and thank you message. I'll take advantag

Good morning, and thank you for your message. I'll take advantage of your offer, and try to learn something re UK real estate contract law.
Does a contract to buy land in the future (12 or more months) require the exchange of money or other object of value to be binding on the two parties?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Nicle,

Thanks for your message. No hurry re my question. It has become a minor question between me and a friend. I've always thought, perhaps incorrectly that a contract relating to real estate must be in writing, and involve an exchange of something of value, such as money. Admittedly I'm an American, and State law prevails, (large drawn from "common law". Anyway, when and if convenience I would find it interesting to know if I'm correct, or off base.

td.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
The contract must have several parts:
1) Intention to create legal relations
2) Offer and acceptance
3) Consideration
4) Terms
In this case you are asking about consideration. This can be money or it can be something else. Consideration is something which one person loses which the other gains. That does not have to be money.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank's for your response. It's been sixty-five years since I read "contract law", and it's a relief to know I've not forgotten the necessity for "consideration". Separately, I attempted to deposit a small check today, and was chagrined to find I had not noticed before doing so that the check writer had not dated the check. Bah hum!

Thanks again.

td

Good luck with this!
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.