13262538

My father had a mirror will with are stepmother he died

Customer Question

Hi my father had a mirror will with are stepmother he died in 2010 and then she died in2013 my brother and sister were left nothing in either will and then my stepmother left my fathers house to her ex sister in-law is there anything we can do to challenge this?
Is there any evidence that your father believed that his wife would not be able to change her Will after his death?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I also don't know what was in his will other than it was a mirror will, and my question is if my stepmother chooses to leave us nothing is that her right to do so.The house was also bought and paid for by my father but I believe it was in joint names.
You can write to the solicitors who prepared the Will mentioning the care of Larke V Nogus and ask for a copy of the Will file.
If there is any reference to "mutual" rather than "mirror" Wills then you may have a claim - if not then I am afraid that there is no claim that can be made
Once the estate passed to your stepmother it was up to her what she chose to do with it - even the very recent case recently reported will not be of assistance
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thankyou
You are most welcome I hope all goes well